During this difficult time, we have made adjustments to our services to ensure the health and safety of your patients, our staff, and our Doctors.
For the Protection of Our Patients, we have implemented the following procedures in our clinics:
Limited Appointment Scheduling – in order to ensure we are able to properly disinfect and adhere to Social Distancing Guidelines set forth by our local authority. Certainly, urgent and emergency patients will be prioritized.
Fever Free Environment – Temperatures will be taken upon entering the clinic of all patients, staff, and doctors. Anyone with 99.5 degrees or higher will be asked to reschedule. Anyone who is taking a fever-reducing medication such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen will be asked to reschedule once the medication is clear from their system so we can be sure of an accurate temperature reading.
Pre-Screening Questionnaire – We will continue to ask any patient with URI symptoms to reschedule their appointment until they have been asymptomatic for 3 days or have a negative COVID test.
Face Covering – We are requiring everyone entering our clinics to wear some type of facial covering such as a homemade mask, scarf, bandana, or handkerchief.
Wash hands and sanitize – Upon entering the office, everyone will be asked to sanitize their hands. Additionally, we will request they sanitize their hands before re-entering the business area.
All Vision Source staff with direct patient contact will be required to wear a mask.
Social Distancing – We are limiting the number of patients in our office and are asking, when possible, only the patient enters our clinics for their visit. Please ask the person with your patient to stay in their car. We can text them if they need their assistance.
When scheduling patients, we will be:
- Asking them if they have been diagnosed with COVID or been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID. In those cases, we will postpone seeing the patient unless emergent.
- We will ask if they have any current symptoms of COVID.
- They will be notified that upon arrival to our office they will have their temperature taken.
- We will ask the patients NOT to bring family members with them into the office and we ask patients to wait in the car until they are called inside for their appointment.
- We will ask the patient to bring their own mask or face covering. All of our doctors and any staff who will have direct patient contact will be masked.”